Festival Guidelines and Tips
- The public is prohibited from carrying alcoholic beverages into or out of the Festival area.
- The public is prohibited from carrying into the Festival area glass containers, bottles, cans, coolers, kegs, and/or any containers other than plastic or paper cups.
- Bicycles,* skateboards, roller blades or any other form of transportation are not allowed in the Festival area. The use of a wheelchair or other mobility device to facilitate transportation because of a physical impairment is permitted.
- All animals and pets, except service animals, are prohibited from the Festival area.
- Shirts and footwear are required in the Festival area.
- Toy weapons or weapon replicas are prohibited in the festival area. The use of squirt guns and/or the spraying of any products, the throwing of balls, Frisbees, or other objects is not permitted in the Festival area.
- Audio or video recording of the entertainment at any stage is not permitted without express written permission from the Festival or the performer.
- Contents of all backpacks, and all packages, bags, containers, purses, or other hand carried items of similar size brought into the Festival area will be inspected for prohibited items.
- Smoking is discouraged on festival grounds. Underage smoking is not permitted. Consideration of non-smokers is appreciated.
*Bicycles (riders must dismount and walk bikes) are permitted to enter via Lynn and Elden or Station and Pine Streets during Green Lizard Bike Shop hours for work to be performed on that specific bike.
Be Clear on Festival Safety
All guests entering the festival area are subject to a visual inspection and a bag inspection. Contents of all backpacks and all packages, bags, containers, purses, or other hand carried items of similar size or larger will be inspected. Exceptions can be made for guests with special medical needs. No prohibited items will be accepted at the festival gates for safekeeping. Please leave all prohibited items secured in your vehicle or throw them away.
Possession of prohibited items may result in removal from the festival.
Guests found in possession of a prohibited item will be asked to remove the item from the festival or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply may be denied entry or will be removed from the festival grounds and may be subject to arrest. Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned items inside the festival area may be subject to the confiscation of the items and/or possible removal. Guests found in possession of fireworks or explosive devices will be removed from the festival grounds.
The Town of Herndon is not responsible for items left behind, lost, stolen or damaged.
The Town of Herndon reserves the right to deem any other item inappropriate.
Festival Announcements and Inclement Weather
While most events and activities are held rain or shine, in the rare event of severe weather, the Festival may close temporarily and then re-open. Umbrellas, ponchos, etc. are good to have on hand. Should it be necessary, announcements will be made from each of the Festival stages regarding emergency procedures.
To check the status of Festival events, call 703-435-6866.
Festival attendees are welcome to bring a blanket or lawn chair to enjoy the performances at any of our stage areas.
First Aid Services
First aid services are located on the W&OD Trail and are donated by the Fair Oaks Volunteer Fire & Rescue Co., Inc. with assistance from other Fairfax County Volunteer Fire Departments.
Thank you and have a great time at the Festival!