Directions, Parking, Shuttle Bus and Biking
Parking is limited and we encourage visitors to enjoy a complementary ride on our Shuttle Bus, or take advantage of our free Bike Valet service, see details below.
Handicapped parking is available off Center Street at the Herndon Municipal Center parking lot. To gain access to the handicap parking, vehicles must have a DMV issued disabled parking placard or plates.
Directions to Downtown Herndon
From DC / Northern Virginia / Maryland:
- Take Route 495 to the Dulles Toll Rd 267W.
- Take the Toll Rd West to the Herndon exit (exit 10).
- Turn right onto Elden Street (at the traffic light immediately after exiting). Follow signs to Festival parking.
From the West:
- Take Rt 66 to the exit at Rt 28. Follow Rt 28 (Centreville Rd) north to the Dulles Toll Road 267 East and follow the directions below.
- Take the Dulles Greenway (portions toll) to the Dulles Toll Road 267E.
- Take the Toll Rd East to the Herndon exit (exit 10).
- Turn left onto Elden Street (at the traffic light immediately after exiting).
- Follow signs to Festival parking.
Shuttle Bus Provides Fast, Easy Access to the Festival
Shuttle Bus Service Hours:
- Thursday 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Friday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Saturday 9:30 am - 11:00 pm
- Sunday 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
The shuttle bus stops at Worldgate Shopping Center and Herndon High School. The Worldgate stop is to the east of the lower level parking garage entrance off Worldgate Drive. The Herndon High School stop is in front of the main entrance of the High School. The buses run on a loop.
Bike Ride to the Festival
The Herndon Festival features a Bike Valet service until closing on Friday, Saturday and Sunday provided by the Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee. The Bike Valet is a free service. Bike racks will be located at the intersection of Elden and Lynn Streets. Relax and enjoy the Festival - knowing your bike is safe with the Bike Valet.