Volunteers are the key to our Festival's success
Individual and Group Volunteers are needed for 2014.
If you would like to volunteer and have not communicated with our volunteer coordinator or it during the event, you can stop by the Herndon Festival and ask for John Mosesso.
Listed below are our volunteer applications.
Festival Volunteers are Needed
You can get involved. Become a volunteer, join in the fun and you will:
- Enjoy the Festival from “The Inside”
- Arrange your own work schedule
- Enjoy the feeling of giving back to the community
The planning committee is seeking individuals and non-profit organizations wishing to participate in this year’s event to be held May 29 - June 1, 2014. Organizations receive an opportunity to raise funds in exchange for volunteer hours. Typically, an organization receives a 10’x 10’ space for sale of an item and provides race course marshals, entertainment assistance, or other duties. Links to volunteer information and applications are listed to the left.
Volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups include the following:
- Entrance Marshal
- Stage Crew
- Carnival Marshal
- Race Course Marshal
- Race – Finish Line
- Race – General Assistance
- Fireworks Marshal
- Vendor Set-up
- Vendor Parking
- Food Area Clean-up
- General Support
A Special Thanks To Our 2014 Group Volunteers
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Community (AMC), Fairfax Chapter
- American Legion Post 184
- Boy Scouts of America
- Cameron Parish D.A.R
- Col. Wesley Fox Young Marines
- Council for the Arts of Herndon
- Dominion VA Power
- Girl Scout Council of the Nations Capital
- Herndon Aquatic Club Commanders
- Herndon High School Robotics Club
- Herndon Masonic Lodge
- Herndon Rotary Club
- Herndon Woman's Club
- NOVA Roller Derby
- Optimist Club of Herndon
- Sterling Park Amateur Radio Club
We thank you in advance for helping to make the Herndon Festival a success!