Volunteers are the key to our Festival's success!
We will hold two volunteer training sessions in early May and the exact dates will be posted here. The training will help you feel more prepared for your assignment.
- Recieve credit for required service hours
- Help support a community event
- We work with you to meet your preferred times and assignments
Organizations receive an opportunity to raise funds in exchange for volunteer hours. Typically, an organization receives a 10’x 10’ space to sell an item and in return provide volunteers to serve as marshals, entertainment assistance, or other functions, which will be addressed with the group coordinator prior to the event.
- Organizations who provide 50 hours of volunteer service, can sell a food/organization sponsored item on Saturday & Sunday.
- Organizations who provide an additional 20 hours of volunteer service, can sell a food/organization sponsored item on Thursday & Friday in addition to Saturday & Sunday.
Volunteer Individual and Group Opportunities:
- Entrance Marshal
- Stage Crew
- Carnival Marshal
- Race Course Marshal
- Fireworks Marshal
- Food Area Clean-up
- General Support
- Children's Hands-On Art Area (for ages 12 & up)
Click here for the Group Volunteer Form.
Entrance Marshal Training Video 2018
We thank you in advance for helping to make the Herndon Festival a success!