Shuttle Bus Service - Fast, Convenient, and Free
The free shuttle buses are located at
- Herndon High School: 700 Bennett St, Herndon, VA 20170
- Worldgate Shopping Center: 13037 Worldgate Dr., Herndon, VA 20170.
Shuttle Bus Service Hours:
- Thursday 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Friday 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Sunday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
The shuttle bus stops at Worldgate Shopping Center and Herndon High School. The Worldgate stop is to the east of the lower level parking garage entrance off Worldgate Drive. The Herndon High School stop is in front of the main entrance of the High School. The buses run on a 15-20 minute loop.
Driving - NOTE Street Closure
The following street closures will be in effect to ensure the safety and security of festival attendees and property in and around the Festival site:
- Elden Street CLOSED in both directions between Monroe Street and Center Street
- Spring Street CLOSED in both directions between Locust Street and Elden Street
- Center Street CLOSED between Locust Street and Vine Street with the exception of southbound traffic between Elden Street and Locust Street.
These closures will be in effect the following days and times: Thursday, June 1 6:30 p.m. – 10: 00 p.m., Friday, June 2 6:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., Saturday, June 3 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m., and Sunday, June 4 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Anyone planning to attend the Herndon Festival is encouraged to take advantage of free parking and shuttle bus service departing every ten minutes from both Worldgate Shopping Centre and Herndon High School during the Festival hours.
During the Herndon Festival drivers are encouraged navigate around the downtown by taking the Herndon Parkway.
The Herndon Festival is located in historic downtown Herndon - 777 Lynn Street, Herndon, VA 20170. Click here for Mapquest driving directions.
From Washington D.C. and points east
- Take Route 495 to the Dulles Toll Rd 267W.
- Take the Toll Rd West to the Herndon exit (exit 10).
- Turn right onto Elden Street (at the traffic light immediately after exiting).
- Follow signs to Festival parking
Driving from the West
- Take Rt 66 to the exit at Rt 28. Follow Rt 28 (Centreville Rd) north to the Dulles Toll Road 267 East.
- Take the Dulles Greenway (portions toll) to the Dulles Toll Road 267E.
- Take the Toll Rd East to the Herndon exit (exit 10).
- Turn left onto Elden Street (at the traffic light immediately after exiting).
- Follow signs to Festival parking.
Parking is very limited and we encourage visitors to enjoy a complementary ride on our Shuttle Bus, or take advantage of our free Bike Valet service, see details below. Please check the street signs before you park your car in surrounding shopping centers, which discourage festival parking.
Handicapped parking is available off Center Street at the Herndon Municipal Center parking lot. To gain access to the handicap parking, vehicles must have a DMV issued disabled parking placard or plates.
Take the Metro Silver Line to the Festival
Ride the Metro Sliver Line to the Wiehle-Reston stop, then take the 950 Fairfax Connector bus directly to the Herndon Festival or you can take the 505 Fairfax Connector bus to Reston Town Center Transit Station and transfer to the Ribs 5 bus, which will take you to the Festival.
Bike to the Festival
The Herndon Festival features a Bike Valet service until 10:00 pm on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and until closing on Sunday. The Bike Valet is a free service. Bike racks will be located at the intersection of Elden and Lynn Streets. Relax and enjoy the Festival - knowing your bike is safe with the Bike Valet.